Wednesday 13 January 2010

Illustration Friday: Contained

Greetings all, and to all a good day! This is my first original Illustration Friday entry since last April, and goodness it feels good to join you all once again. What I have I missed? Whats the gos?
I'm joking of course, I'm a man and I don't do gossip.
Okay, now I will stress that since I've been out of the loop as it were, I've not practised my art very much, and as such I am apocoliptically rusty! I would therefore ask that viewers of this piece be somewhat forgiving - I can do better!
"How does this represent CONTAINED"? I hear you yell in my left ear with disgust! Well...take notice young urchin; for the image is actually rather simple. The main character (albiet drawn badly) is smoking.... and the words...well there's roughly 600 of them and they are the ingredients that 1 cigarette contains! Gosh!
Anyway, no way will this be Illustration Friday's pick of the week this week because Brianna's got more taste than that, but let me know what you think of it as an idea.
Next week I will be back and a little bit better. Lock up your daughters, etc etc.
Jim.

15/01/10 (13:56) Note:
It has only just occured to me that the word on I.F. this week is Confined and I have illustrated Contained. I've never done that before and must admit to being a supreme plonker. Oh well!

4 comments:

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Jim! Welcome back! Happy Cinco de Maya, happy Memorial day, Fourth, Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! OK I think we're caught up. I think this is a great take on the subject and so poignant as well. You are selling yourself a little short... Nice work!

gatheringwonder said...

really cool take on the prompt and well crafted

mango red illustrations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

I think that's a great drawing and cool idea with the writing!! Nice work!