Friday, 30 March 2012

Illustration Friday: Swamp

Well well well, hasn't it been a long time since I drew something... prompted by my friend Kris-Tea's return to the Illustration forum this week, I decided I couldn't let her have all the fun.

This week the word provided by IF was 'Swamp'. When I first saw it I knew immediately that with it being a none-abstract noun the majority of entries would be of the literal variety, so I had a quick think (a very quick think) about what spin I could apply, and realised that the word swamp is used quite frequently as a description of an individual/department's workload. At the place I work during the day my colleagues and I are often swamped by the workload so this in itself provided all the inspiration I needed.

Because I haven't drawn for a while I decided I would bypass the usual planning stage and simply draw the first image that came to mind, so I sat at my drawing desk (for the first time this year) and just kinda doodled. As the doodle progressed I started to fine-tune and amend it, and boy did I punish that piece of paper with a myriad of additions and removals! There's so much used rubber scattered over my desk it looks like it's been snowing!

Anyway, I only began this image yesterday after I got home from my day job so it's kind of a rushed affair and isn't likely to win the Turner prize, but I believe it to be of sufficient merit to enter.

Next week Kris-Tea...the battle continues...

3 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Great characters! I really like the dimension you've added with the shading.

AHAviews said...

Glad to see you drawing - wondering if it added to a feeling of being swamped? The shading, all gray tones adds to the feeling of this. Here's to more impulsive bouts of drawing!

Healthy Thief said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog. Your articles are just amazing.
If you have spare time and looking for a great site for physical exercise and about diet. Visit the site, name is Diet for Health. This site can be useful to you, your family and friend’s. Don’t forget to visit the site. Thanks again for your post. Waiting for your future Posts as well.