Tuesday 7 April 2009

Book Sale

Here is an image called Book Sale. I've drawn this for my department at work who are having a book sale this week to raise money for the Marie Curie charity. What was meant to be a simple project turned out to be rather...complicated! Drawing the main image took very little time, but when I came to colour it, the detail of the books gave me an overwhelming sense of having shot myself in the foot. It's not one of my greatest images, but it was quite fun to produce, and hopefully it will be put to good use later this week.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

This is very good! Is it coloured pencil then manipulated on the computer? The books look great!

Kris-Tea said...

Im happy to see that you are illustrating a lot!
I love the images with a lot of books .. its so inspiring!
Good work little James ;)

Lifer said...

hey Jim!!! hey, how are ya?

i have been a little busy with some family matters, but now i came back and the same day got an award!

i am passing it on to you: http://duseg.blogspot.com/2009/04/omg-i-got-award.html

i am not sure whether you like these things but i sure do hope you appreciate my thought. it comes from my heart :)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

"It's not one of my greatest images..."

I disagree - this is my favorite of your images.