Monday 16 February 2009

Illustration Friday: Celebrate

This week's Illustration Friday topic was Celebrate. When I came around to doing this picture an hour ago, I was in a rather strange mood and didn't want to pour hours of time into drawing something, so I just started drawing in pen with the aim of messing it around in Photoshop. The above image is the fruits of that endeavour.
Don't ask me to explain it because I can't. I guess you could call it a mood piece as I took a very instictive approach. it does have a weird 1980's vibe which I must confess to liking.
This is Jim Rowland Creations at it's most abstract!

3 comments:

Kris-Tea said...

Very very good illo, Jim!
I can see your style of linework there, though its true, its so different of your other entries! I like the blue figure, its enigmatic!

mango red illustrations said...

I like my ladies blue

INDIGENE said...

I think it's a wonderful concept piece and the colors rock!